I know that I am not the only one trying to live a more healthier life and even though I have not reached 30 yet, I think it is extremely important to make heart-smart choices when eating and so here are 5 substitutions you can use while cooking that is friendlier to your heart....
- Switch applesauce for oil: instead of using the 1 c. of oil while baking, use 1/2 c applesauce and 1/2 c. oil.
- Skip whole eggs: use two egg whites or 1/4 c. egg substitute instead of 1 whole egg when baking
- "Fake" Fry: broil the chicken instead of frying
- Add some flavor: instead of the oil, butter and salt; add herbs and spices
- Use sharp cheese: you will end up using less because it have a stronger flavor than mild cheese
*As a bonus, the follow food is also heart healthy:
Thank you, Better Homes and Gardens!